According to Greek mythology, the Cerberus had several siblings - one of which was the Chimera. Depicted as a lion with the head of a goat arising from its back and a tail that ended with a snake's head, the Chimera was a monstrous fire-breathing creature.
The Chimera UAV is the next step in the evolution of hybrid autonomous UAVs - this drone will feature unrivaled speed, endurance, and range in an aircraft of its size. The Chimera takes Cerberus base UAV platform and adds an aerodynamics shell and a high speed forward flight mode that allows four times the endurance of a standard quadcopter. Chimera is thus able to transition between hover and efficient forward flight with ease, opening up a range of mission capabilities.
- Retains hover maneuverability of Cerberus
- Reatins same features as Cerberus
- Aeroshell adds endurance and range
- Increased Range and Speed, opens up a range of additional mission capabilities. E.g long distance travel for infrastructure inspections
- Long range complex operations:
- Asset Inspections
- Search and Rescue
- Construction and Mining
- Defence - tactical
- Delivery Services